News Latest

New Recipe

Apple expected to expand manufacturing beyond iPhones: Govt

Apple may expand manufacturing beyond iPhones in India, while Google could shift more device exports from China, govt says NEW DELHI: India expects Apple to widen its manufacturing footprint beyond iPhones, whereas Google could shift a substantial share of its export-oriented device production from China to India, electronics and IT minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said.Vaishnaw told...

World no. 1 Jannik Sinner withdraws from US Open 2026 due to injury | Tennis News

Table of Content

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

The Future of Gadgets

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.


World no. 1 Jannik Sinner withdraws from US Open 2026 due to injury
Jannik Sinner withdraws from US Open (Image: AP)

World No. 1 Jannik Sinner has withdrawn from the 2026 US Open due to a persistent right knee injury, dealing a major blow to the men’s singles draw ahead of the final Grand Slam of the season. The 25-year-old Italian announced his decision on Friday, August 21, just over a week before the main draw begins at Flushing Meadows on August 30.Sinner has been struggling with the knee issue since missing the Canadian Open and Cincinnati Open. After returning to the practice court in Monte Carlo with his team and medical staff, the reigning Wimbledon champion decided that he needs more time to recover before returning to the demands of best-of-five-set Grand Slam tennis.“Even though I have been working hard with my team and my medical staff, we have now had to make the difficult decision that I will not be able to compete at the US Open this year,” Sinner wrote in a post on X.“We have been back on court in Monte Carlo over the last couple of days and have realized that I still need more time to recover from my right knee issue. I’m obviously very sad and disappointed, as New York has a special place in my heart. I was very much looking forward to coming back and playing in the electric atmosphere in front of the great fans there,” he added.

Sinner’s dominant season disrupted

The withdrawal comes during what has otherwise been an exceptional 2026 season for Sinner. The Italian has compiled a 44-3 win-loss record and claimed six titles, establishing himself as the dominant force on the ATP Tour.Sinner has not played a competitive match since July 12, when he defeated Alexander Zverev to successfully defend his Wimbledon title. Despite missing the US Open, he is expected to retain his world No. 1 ranking through the tournament, given his substantial lead of more than 5,000 ranking points. He will, however, lose the points he earned by reaching last year’s US Open final.



Source link

todaynewss.in

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Popular

Top News

Latest News

Hot News

©2026 .Today Newss  All rights reserved.